Fisher & Frommer, PLLC Instantly connect with an attorney.
Home Firm Overview Attorneys Immigration Case Results Contact Us
We're In This Together
Understand why open and productive communication with your attorney is important. The visa application procedure can be complex and lengthy. we can help through the process. Learn more about your rights as an immigrant in the US. Let us help you if you are facing immigration issues.
We're In This Together
Contact Us

Read our recent case results

Immigration Law Practice Areas
Criminal Charges
Deportation & Removal
Detention Defense
Employment-Based Non-Permanent Residents
Employment-Based Permanent Residency
Family-Based Immigration
Green Cards
Immigration Fraud
Immigration & Nationality Act
Naturalization & Citizenship
Business Visas
Student Visas
Visa Renewal
Investor Visas (E-1, E-2)

Client Testimonials

New York City Immigration Attorney

Student Visas

New York City Visa Attorney

Foreign students who will be attending a university, college, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory or other academic institution in the United States must apply for an F-1 student visa. Foreign students who will be attending nonacademic institutions and vocational programs must apply for M-1 student visas. As with any visa category, student visas require a significant amount of documentation, paperwork and preparation. In addition, all foreign students must qualify for a student visa by meeting the Immigration and National Act requirements. These include:

  • Acceptance at a recognized academic school
  • Sufficient financial assets to pursue the course of study
  • Sufficient preparation for the course of study
  • Intent to leave the United States after completing the course of study

Students applying for F-1 visas will also have to complete an interview process at their country's respective U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Foreign students may also be able to obtain visas for their dependents. Known as F-2 visas, these nonimmigrant visas can allow a student's spouse and / or children to accompany them to the United States. When applying for F-2 visas, students must complete all the necessary forms and applications and supply documentation proving their relationship to the applicants, such as marriage and birth certificates.

Work with Experienced Immigration Lawyers

At the Law Offices of Fisher & Frommer, PLLC, our experienced and committed immigration attorneys have helped a diverse set of clients complete the legal process needed to obtain F-1, F-2, and M-1 student visas. Should you choose to work with our firm, our legal team will be by your side throughout your entire application process, assisting you with all the necessary paper work and helping you understand all the terms and conditions of your particular visa. We can also help anyone interested in completing other USCIS actions that relate to student visas, including change of status and visa renewals while in the United States. Contact our firm today to begin your student visa application process with the help of a New York City immigration lawyer.

Fisher & Frommer, PLLC Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our Google+ profile
Call to schedule a consultation 646-480-1343
attorney website marketing The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Fisher & Frommer, PLLC
New York City Immigration Lawyer
Located at 275 Madison Ave
6th Floor

New York, NY 10016.

Phone: (646) 480-1343.
Website: .
© 2014 All Rights Reserved.