APPLYING FOR A VISA
APPLYING FOR A VISA
WORK WITH A NYC IMMIGRATION LAWYER
Whether you are a foreign citizen, a family member currently in the U.S., or an American employer, our legal team at the Fisher Legal Group is prepared to help you navigate through the complex and lengthy visa application process. By utilizing our experience and knowledge of immigration law and USCIS procedures, we can effectively expedite the process and obtain the results that best meet your needs and goals.
There are two primary visa categories you can pursue:
- Immigrant Visas: These visas allow foreign citizens to enter the U.S. and obtain permanent resident status. You can use either employment-based immigration or family-based immigration to obtain this type of visa.
- Nonimmigrant Visas: These visas are granted to foreign nationals who will be staying temporarily. Common types of nonimmigrant visas include student visas and work visas.
VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
While the visa application process will vary depending on a person’s reason for coming to the United States and other factors, the process itself is known to be full of dense paperwork, numerous procedures and long lists of requirements. Applying for a visa also requires a great deal of documentation, as well as time and energy that many applicants find they are simply unable to devote. By working with an experienced New York City immigration lawyer from our firm, you can save a tremendous amount of headache and frustration.
Generally, the visa application process will be conducted as follows:
- Application to National Visa Center (NVC)
- Supply additional information when requested, complete beneficiary petitions
- Complete a visa interview
There are, of course, numerous other steps and procedures within this general process, and your steps will be determined according to your unique circumstances. For additional information about how to navigate this process, schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney at our firm today.
START THE APPLICATION PROCESS TODAY
At the Fisher Legal Group, our legal team has the tools and skills needed to help you apply for any type of immigrant or nonimmigrant visa. We can also offer our assistance should any additional immigration issues arise. We encourage you to schedule a case evaluation with our legal team to learn more about how we can help you through the application process.
Contact our firm today if you are ready to get started!
Get your questions answered - Call for an initial consultation or assessment of your needs (646) 480-1343.